Scientific schools are one of the forms of organization of long-term scientific activity, which informally unite scientists who solve current scientific (scientific and technical) problems in specific fields of knowledge (sciences) and receive fundamental achievements of theoretical and applied value, highly appreciated by scientific community.
Scientific schools of IEE
- Energy management of intelligent energy efficient systems (SmartGrid) providing electricity. The head of the school today is Denysiuk Serhiy Petrovich.
- Modeling and analysis of thermal processes and systems. The head of the school is Deshko Valeriy Ivanovych.
- Management of energy efficiency of processes of objects of industrial and municipal sphere. The head of the school today is Victor Petrovich Rozen.
- Formation of engineering properties of rocks by means of geodynamics. The head of the school is Kravets Viktor Heorhiyovych.
- Creation of methods and means of protection against harmful and dangerous production factors during welding and related technologies. The head of the school is Oleh Hryhorovych Levchenko.
- Energy-saving destruction of potholes by activating resonant phenomena in them. The head of the school is Terentyev Oleg Markovich.
Priority thematic areas
For the next five-year period, the KPI has identified 25 priority thematic areas, 18 of which relate to the scientific field of ” Technical Sciences “, in particular:
- Creation of highly efficient, environmentally friendly, energy and resource-saving technologies and equipment in mechanical engineering, chemical, light, oil refining, building materials industry, development of object-oriented systems of structural and technological modeling and quality and reliability of advanced technology;
- Thermodynamic, physicochemical processes and phase transformations in metallurgical and foundry technologies;
- Chemical and chemical-technological processes and creation on their basis of new substances, materials and compositions, including biologically active through the integrated use of new and traditional types of raw materials, waste-free and environmentally friendly technologies;
- Methods and means of saving primary energy resources and ensuring environmental safety of energy generating technologies. New highly efficient types of resource-saving heat and power equipment;
- Methods of managing the production, transmission, distribution, conversion and consumption of electricity. Energy efficiency management;
- Processes and phenomena in fields and environments creating high-performance electronic devices, devices, systems and networks on their basis.